Sunday, January 13, 2008

Review: XPEL Yellow 30mil Protection Film for Honda Fit Fog Light

I purchased a 4"x8" sheet of XPEL yellow H9906-YLW headlight protection film. I believe the price was around $10 shipped. That is enough to cover the two fog light lenses. I removed the fog light, made a template pf the fog light lens (make sure you leave a little gap at the end of the lens on the fogs so the heat generated by the bulb can escape off the lens), cut the XPEL with the template, and then cleaned the fog light lenses with some alcohol and sticked the XPEL film on them. I left them alone for a night and then turned them on in the morning. Done!

They don't output as yellow as I would have wanted, but it looks nicer now when the fogs are not on and I know the fog light lenses are protected from rocks and other crap that might damage them.

No comments: