Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Review: K&N Air Filter Replacement for Honda Fit

I bought the K&N filter online at http://www.autoanything.com/ for $35 shipped. The part # for the 2007 Honda Fit is 33-2359. For more info on the filter here is the direct link to the K&N website. http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2359






For instructions on how to install the air filter please follow this link.
DIY: Install K&N Air Filter Replacement for Honda Fit

It made a difference for me. I was definitely getting 1 mpg more after I put in the K&N filter. With the stock filter, I was getting consistently 38-39 mpg driving 80% highway and 20% city and with the K&N filter I was getting 39-40 mpg on the same route, using the same gas station to fill up and always filling up until the first click. I think 1-2 mpg increase if I drove more highway or drove slower (60-65mph).

Overall, I think it is a great replacement for the OEM air filter. You can also clean the air filter and reoil with the K&N Recharge Kit.

2 comments:

PR said...

Filling up to the first click? I don't understand. Did you measure miles driven against gallons use? What does filling up to the first click have to do with measuring mpg? Post the mileage stats (miles used against gallons used) in a before and after and I will be a lot more confident in your mod.

smeister13 said...

Filling up to the first click means when you are filling up at the pump and the gas pump clicks to stop. When I was testing mpgs, I would fill up at the same pump and always at the first click and getting the mpgs from the total miles driven to how many gallons I filled up. Sorry, I don't have all my mileage stats to post...best way to get great mpgs is the way you drive anyways.