Sunday, January 6, 2008

DIY: Honda Fit HID Retrofit with FX35 Projectors

DIY: Disclaimer
---------------------------------------------------------

I'll just put up the parts that are needed since someone on Honda-Tech.com asked for them. I'll add the rest of the info with pictures later. Cheers!

HID Retrofit Parts List
  1. 1 x pair of Honda Fit headlights
    $360 brand new from Honda
  2. 1 x pair of FX35 projectors (preferably clear lens for a super sharp cutoff)
    $70 used from eBay (frosted)
  3. 2 x small Dog Bowls for the shrouds
    $10 brand new from Petsmart
  4. 6 x 2" screws that fits the FX35 projectors
    less than $10 for all brand new screws, washers, lock washers, and nuts
  5. 12 x flat washers
  6. 12 x lock washers
  7. 12 x nuts
  8. Duplicolor Semi-Gloss High Heat spray paint or whatever color you want the headlights painted
    $5 brand new from NAPA
  9. Duplicolor BondAid spray paint to help the paint stick
    $5 brand new from NAPA
  10. 1 x roll of sponge tape to fit the dog bowls on
    $5 brand new from NAPA
  11. 1 x butyl sealant to seal back the headlights properly
    $25 brand new from Nissan Dealer (you should be able to get this from any autoparts store for less called window sealant made out of butyl; I have not tried this so I can't guarantee that it is 100% the same)

I think those are all the parts you need to do the retrofit. For tools and such, you will need a screw driver, small wrench, dremel hardware, sand paper, painting space, and etc of course. I'll go into more details soon.

2 comments:

Craig said...

I have a FIT and the FX-35 HID, but haven't the time to work on it (house construction prevails). Please contact me about prices to convert. Interested in challenge to use heigth adjusters? I have the Jazz headlight adjustment fit from the UK.

Craig
Houston

Anonymous said...

You are Very Cool D.I.Y. Person

My name is Kim . I come from Thailand .

I want to try this on Jazz 2009

But I need to Learn anymore

If I want to ask question

May I want you to Help me ?

Thank you very much ^^

absolute_kim@hotmail.com