Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Honda Fit Pros and Cons

Everything has its pros and cons and for the Fit the pros definitely outweight the cons. I am going to list what I think are the pros and cons of the car and their importance to me.

Cons
  • No dead pedal. It isn't a big deal for me since I am not getting knee pain or anything from it as some other drivers are.
  • Car doesn't heat up very fast for the winter and the windows stay fogged up. It's annoying, but I guess that is what you will expect with a tiny 1.5L engine and light weight car (not heavily insulated). I don't drive much during the winter anyways.
  • Radio reception isn't the greatest, but it is doable. I have an aftermarket headunit now and listen to mostly CDs and my MP3 player.
  • The inside of the car gets pretty loud from road noise when driving 70-80 mph on the highway. It was so loud it was hard to hold a conversation with a passenger. This was important to me so I ended up sound deadening/proofing parts of the car which helped extremely.
  • The colored plastic interior scratches easily. Lower quality than expected. I just need to be more careful that's all.
  • Power door lock button for front passenger side. It is just a common to have it for driver and front passenger.
  • No lumbar support or adjustment. It's something I would really like to have, especially on long trips.
  • Small, light weight car. It doesn't FEEL very safe when driving it especially if the weather is very windy.

Pros

  • Great gas mileage. I've had 44 mpgs on one highway trip driving 65mph most of the way. When driving 80% highway and 20% city I would get 38-40 mpg. Great to have, I like to safe money and the environment at the same time. The savings practically pay for the car itself over time (depends on how much mpgs your current car gets compard to the Fit).
  • Super reliable. I don't have to worry about being stranded or paying for maintenance bills. Very important to me.
  • The car has a 5 star safety rating. Very important for me.
  • The car handles well because it is light weight and has a rigid body. This is nice to have.
  • The car was well priced for a brand new, reliable, and good quality car.
  • The different modes the car can be used in is a great utility to have. This was definitely a perk when I purchased the car.
  • The fit and finish of the car is not the best, but it definitely holds up against its compact car competitors in terms of quality. I would give it a 8 out of 10.

I will add more pros and cons to this list as time goes on and I notice new things. Currently, the pros definitely outweight the cons otherwise I would have not purchsed the car in the first place. It's nice to have a car that gives you a peace of mind.

No comments: