Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My Honda Fit's History

I purchased my Honda Fit on May 22nd, 2006. I purchased the Fit with the intent to replace my reliable Gen3 Acura Integra. The Fit I purchased is actually built in Japan and imported to the USA just like my old Acura Integra. It's also not the first year ever that the car has ever been sold. The Fit is also called the Jazz and has been sold for a long time in other countries. It is known to be a very reliable car worldwide and also one of the best selling autos in some foreign countries. This made me confident to plop down the money for a brand new Fit even though I would have prefer to buy a used car.

The car has been running great since day one. I did have two safety recalls though. The first one was for the airbag where they spent about 45 minutes reprogramming the SRS unit so that the airbag deploys at the right time. The second one was for the SRS wire harness where they beef up the wiring harness for the SRS underneath the driver's carpet so water doesn't penetrate it and cause the passenger side and front airbags to malfunction.

The first time I changed my oil and oil filter was when the maintenance reminder was at 30%. I have changed the oil at 20-30%. I always change the oil filter when I change the oil and I used Valvoline GTX 5W-20 oil and Purolator One oil filter for the past 33K miles. On my next oil change I plant to use Extended Performance Mobile 1 Synthetic oil and a NAPA Gold (Wix) oil filter. I also rotate the tires at every oil change. It doesn't take much time and helps the tire to wear out evenly.

So overall, the Fit has been a very reliable car and I have more time to enjoy it than worry what might go wrong next.

2 comments:

dalandrum said...

Hello,

I caught your set of BBS wheels for sale on the Fit forum. My Miata originally came with those, but they were sold during the time the car was in my brother's hands. I'd really like to source a set.

I'm not a member on your forum, and as a mod on other forums hate it when members sign up just to use the classifieds. Please get back to me on these wheels. Thanks,

Damon

smeister13 said...

Hit me up at smeister13@gmail.com